WELCOME TO GIRLS IN STEM (GIS) PROJECT
GIS PROJECT 2021 COMING SOON!
According to the WEF Global Gender Gap Report of 2020:
• Female students within the age of 15 are majorly behind internationally in science and
mathematics skills (TIMSS and PISA).
• Even for girls who are more successful compared to their male counterparts, the tendency to
choose STEM-related fields are very low.
• STEM education is the foundation of developing science and technology serving the
environment and sustainable development.
• Increasing students’ interest in STEM education will make the students gain self-confidence
related to the subject and increase employment opportunities.
• Changing the social perception about girls in STEM will provide radical and positive changes
for children and countries.
• Raise awareness and have a better understanding of global education & science and cultural
the exchange between countries in female students in the 6th & 7th grade.
• To pique girls’ curiosity in the STEM field at an early age.
• To help integrate disadvantaged groups into the community and provide opportunities to
continue their education.
• Encourage students to take STEM into consideration when forming the basis of their future.
• Acknowledge the importance of the role STEM plays at the earliest age possible.
• Increase the students’ interest in STEM education through a practical way.
• Help them to enjoy learning and allow students to gain self-confidence related to the subject.
• To emphasizes the importance of sending girls to school.
• Providing a basis for girls to improve their teamwork and project development skills.